26 January 2010

Disappointing News

Well, it turns out some things don't always work out like you think it will. Go figure.
Today I found out I didn't get the High School teaching job. I knew going into it that it was quite possible I wouldn't get the job, but I had such positive feedback from the other teachers I was in contact with that it seemed like it was a real possibility. This is where experience makes a difference. It just means it was not meant to be and for the most part I am ok with that, but of course I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I had some great ideas for what I would do if I got the position. I'll just have to try those elsewhere. So for now, onwards and upwards...

I'm still going to continue my professional development and hopefully this will allow me flexibility to do some other activities and hobbies listed in my New Year's resolutions post (none of which I have done so far and it's almost a month into the new year).

No comments: