01 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, it's a new year and you know what that means.... resolutions. YIKES!!! I've never been good at them and I can't say that I really believe in them, but I know I need to make some changes in my life - so why not make it at the beginning of a new year.

On the off chance that I may actually be able to make some healthier choices for my life (physically, mentally and professionally), here are my Top 10 Resolutions for 2010 (in no particular order):

1.   Eat better (include more fruits & vegetables, no more junk food).
2.   Do some form of exercise at least 30 minutes per day (try to find something that's fun & not a chore).
3.   Be more organized (especially at home).
4.   Get a full-time teaching job (this one could happen sooner rather than later in the year, we'll see).
5.   Find time to be more creative (reading, writing, music, art, photography).
6.   Realize that it's ok to say no and understand that I can't do everything (that's a tough one).
7.   Continue my professional development while I have a small amount of time to do it.
8.   Do a better job at maintaining relationships with family and friends.
9.   Manage my finances better (have a plan).
10. Have fun - it doesn't have to be all work!

No comments: