19 March 2010

Movie Review ~ Avatar

Movie: Avatar
Directed by: James Cameron
Synopsis: AVATAR is the story of an ex-Marine who finds himself thrust into hostilities on an alien planet filled with exotic life forms. As an Avatar, a human mind in an alien body, he finds himself torn between two worlds, in a desperate fight for his own survival and that of the indigenous people.


Review: It took so long for me to get to finally see this movie, that I was starting to worry that it wouldn't live up to the hype (much the same as Titanic). Well my fears were totally unfounded. What can I say... I was blown away. The story, characters and most of all the world of Pandora drew you in right from the beginning. I know many people felt the movie plot/story didn't live up to the movie's special effects, but I disagree it's the story and characters that helps you become invested in what happens. I was mesmerized by the world James Cameron created and after it was over, I remember going outside and remarking that everything seemed so plain compared to the world I just spent almost 3 hours in.I can see how we could end up living in a world where people escape their lives through virtual living (much like the movie Surrogates). Rating: 4.5/5

No comments: